Some history: Howard Levy speaks of playing in the venue in the 70’s:
Preshow chat with Howard Levy and Chris Siebold. Another Tc Furlong connection! I don’t know Chris all that well, but re-watching this video even without sound I get the sense that he has a great sense of humor.
Posted by Judy Shatkin on Thursday, November 2, 2017
Vic Salazar founder of Vic's Drum Shop in Chicago talking about his positive experience @ 210!
Posted by 210 Live on Thursday, April 6, 2017
Vic Salazar, Chicago drum king
Lay of the Land:
- 210 is in Highwood, IL, 29 miles from Chicago and 65 miles from Milwaukee. We are one block from the Highwood Metra stop on the Union Pacific North Line. Our clientele includes patrons from Chicago’s North Shore on Lake Michigan and points west.
Our venue is a dining room and music venue in one. The sound is uniquely special due to the fact that in a past life the room was a bowling alley with the acoustics geared towards sound regulation. This past also is why all site-lines are clear.
Stage is 18′ deep 24′ wide. 18″ high. Click here and click on the “VENUE” button for various views of the venue and stage. Also see our home page hero images for a view of Dr. Lonnie Smith onstage and other big picture views.
- Capacity: We have a variety of configurations, including listening seating with 203 seats and 147 standing (total 350), dance floor seating with 159 seats and 241 standing (total 400), and max capacity with 59 priority seats and standing room 441 (total 500).
We have a beautiful Kawai grand piano which some feel to be the finest club piano in the city. We also have a killer Hammond A100 and Leslie model 147. (The A100 is a B-3 with an (unused) internal speaker.)
- We feature a stellar chef well-known in the area who has created a fine-dining sharing menu that is one of the best dining experiences on the North Shore.
We are a new venue, but we have featured some stellar artists, including:
- Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio
- We also have on the books: Howard Levy, Corky Siegel, Paul Wertico
Stereo PA System, designed and installed 9/2017 by TC Furlong:
EAW UX3600 Processor
(3) QSC RMX5050a Power Amplifiers (Subs, lows, mids)
(1) QSC RMX2450a Power Amplifier (Highs)
(2) EAW QX326 Loudspeakers
(2) EAW VF250i Subwoofers
Bar Fill Speakers on separate matrices
Behringer X-32 Board (32 inputs, 16 outputs, midas Preamps)
S-32 Digital Snake to Stage.
Every Channel has a low-cut filter, 4 band parametric EQ, compressor, 48v phantom power, and gate.
Digital Hall and Plate Reverb available on any input
Digital Stereo Delay and Chorus available on any input
(4) Yamaha DBR12 Active Wedges
(2) Mackie SRM450 Active Wedges
8 Discrete Monitor Mixes Available
Up to 8 Mono IEM mixes or 4 Stereo IEM mixes
Every Monitor mix has a 31 Band Graphic EQ & 6 band Parametric EQ
Kawai 6′ Grand Piano model KG-3C
Hammond A-100 Organ (B-3 plus internal speaker) with Low Pass Direct Out Channel
Leslie Model 147 Speaker Cabinet
Yamaha S-90 Electric Piano
Fender Deluxe Twin Reverb Reissue (AlNiCo Speaker)
- ’63 4-piece Slingerland Set
Shure Beta 58a’s
(1) Wireless Shure SM58
(1) Shure SM81 SDC
(1) Shure SM98 Clip-on SDC
(3) Shure PGA56
(1) Shure Beta 52a
(1) AKG D112
(2) M-Audio Pulsar II SDC
(4) Active Mono DIs with Pad & Ground/Lift
(1) Active Stereo DI with Pad & Ground/Lift
Feel Free to Bring Your Own Mics – Let management know ahead of time
We have two fifteen foot screens, one on either side of the stage, and plus 4 additional LCD monitors in the venue.
We offer both stereo and multitrack recording of all shows.
We offer livestream and video magnification.
Unless otherwise specified in artists’ contract, 210 Restaurant and Live Music Lounge retains ancillary rights to all media content captured on the premises, including but not limited to pictures, video, and audio.
The restaurant opens at 5pm to the public so we request that sound check be completed by that time. Load-in 3pm and sound check 4pm.
For artists with cars, please check your car in with the valet free of charge after load-in, or if early you may prefer street parking.
Dressing Room/Green Room:
We have an intimate green room available with private access to both the stage and parking lot. This room is large enough for 3-5 Band members to relax comfortably. This room can also hold cases/bags/gear to keep it safe and out of harms way.
A larger room also with street exit access is available on the lower level.
Specialties include dry-rub ribs prepared in our own pit and Southern flavors including shrimp jambalaya and etouffee, but the new and exciting flavors don’t stop there. Click on the link above for the complete menu.